Montgomery Village Foundation (MVF) is preparing for the 2021 pool season, including getting our pools ready for summer and continuing the major renovation of the North Creek Pool and Bathhouse. The 2021 Pool Schedule and updates to the Pool Operating Policy were recently approved by the MVF Board of Directors at their April Meeting. Here is what to know for the 2021 MVF Pool Season:
The Pool Schedule for Phase 1 (Saturday, May 22 to Saturday, July 31) was approved by the MVF Board of Directors at their April Meeting. It will be mailed to all DU Activity Card holders along with their Validation Stickers, and it can also be viewed online. Given the fluidity of the pandemic and uncertainty on if North Creek Pool will be open for the end-of-the-season, the schedule is broken into two phases. The first phase offers 5 pools (Hurley Park, Lake Marion, Peggy Mark, Stedwick and Whetstone), with Stedwick Pool being open for the early spring season beginning Saturday, May 22.
Activity Card process
For 2021, the standard Activity Card Policy will go back into effect. The 2020 suspension of parts of the Activity Card Policy were put in place to limit the number of visitors the pool, limit the number of people visitors to the MVF Office and allow MVF to open pools as quickly as permitted—all measures that were in compliance with previous COVID-19 restrictions. Lifting the suspension results in the allowance of guests, sale of Limited Annual Pool Memberships (LAPM) and normal procedures according to the Activity Card Policy.
If an assessment account is not at a zero balance as of April 30 in any year, beginning May 1, payment of any prior balance, as well as the full assessment amount through the end of the current fiscal year, must be received as a condition for issuance of an Activity Card or Validation Sticker.
The full policy can be viewed online.
A recent update to the Activity Card Policy no longer requires Activity Card holders to update their photo every 5 years. The new process also steers residents who do need a new or replacement Activity Card to apply online. To start the Activity Card process, visit www.montgomeryvillage.com/eform/submit/activity-card-processing-form.
2021 COVID-19 Restrictions
To ensure compliance with Montgomery County guidelines and capacity restrictions, MVF is activating the following processes to maximize residents’ pool experience:
- Multiple swimmers are permitted to use a lap lane as long as social distancing is maintained.
- When entering the facility, residents must be free from COVID-19 symptoms.
- Normal Activity Card collection process by desk attendants will resume in 2021.
- Furniture will be provided, and complimentary wipes will be available for patrons’ use. Residents are also permitted to bring their own chair to sit on.
- Wading pools can open starting Saturday, May 29. Capacity is limited per Montgomery County. A sign will be posted at the wading pool entrance stating the number of patrons that are permitted within the area.
- The lazy river at Peggy Mark Pool will open on Saturday, May 29. Patrons must remain 6-feet apart from other individuals not from their household while in the lazy-river. Capacity will be limited to the number of available MVF-supplied pool noodles. No personal pool noodles are permitted at the Peggy Mark Pool in 2021. MVF noodles must be used in the lazy river and returned to the designated area when finished in the lazy river.
- The splash pad at Peggy Mark will open on Saturday, May 29, and patrons must remain 6-feet apart from other individuals not from their household.
- Residents are permitted to consume food/beverages within the pool enclosure, providing they are 8-feet from the pool edge.
- Residents should stay at least 6-feet apart (both in and out of the water) from other individuals not from their household.
- Residents must wear face coverings when interacting with staff or other individuals not from their household. Residents will be required to wear face coverings at all times when in the bathhouses. Residents should not wear face coverings in the water.
- Water fountains are closed.
- Residents should download the RainoutLine app and search “Montgomery Village” to get up to date closure information. Closure information can also be found online at www.montgomeryvillage.com/recreation/closure-information, or by calling the pool directly.
These procedures are subject to change based on changing Montgomery County guidelines.
North Creek Pool Under Construction
The major renovation of North Creek Pool and Bathhouse has been delayed due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Currently, staff are monitoring progress, and we will update all residents on if the pool will open for the end-of-the-summer 2021 season, when a more exact timeline is known. What is clear is that the North Creek Pool will not open in Phase 1. The MVF Pool Operating Policy has been updated to add requirements for some of the new features, which will be coming online with the new pool, including a water slide with a 140’ ride-length, the Wibit inflatable obstacle course and the wading pool feature.
The revised Pool Operation Policy can be viewed online.
For more information or questions, call 301-948-0110 or visit www.montgomeryvillage.com.