A sales presentation by Evergreen Investment Company on their proposal for developing the remaining space at the Professional Center was conducted. One listener captured the prevailing sentiment of those present when he asked, "What planet did this project come from?"
What are the facts of the case?
1. Evergreen is a real-estate developer from Bainbridge, Washington specializing in shopping center development and boasting of 150 ground up developments since 1984 including Nashville and Phoenix.
2. Lot 37, the land in question, will be a commercial residential town with buffer, green area, trails and strip retail center.
3. The project will be composed of 180 dwelling units adjacent to the Lidl grocery store and 230 above ground parking spaces.
4. Characterized as an upscale Class A development, these rental units of studios, one, and two bedrooms for 250 people would be 5 stories high with an additional 2 stories of commercial parking access. All this would be managed by Evergreen.
5. Construction would begin in one year after undergoing the County Planning Commission process.
The question must be asked here, "Is Evergreen operating as a free rider on MVF amenities?"
A virtual community meeting to review Evergreen’s proposal is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 7. Evergreen will present their idea for the second parcel of the Lidl property as part of M-NCPPC's Preliminary Plan of Subdivision application process.
Meeting connection information will be posted online at www.montgomeryvillage.com when it is made available. Any interested residents are encouraged to attend.